- Start with a Hook, a paragraph or two similar to the blurb on the back of a book.
- Introduce the characters, tell of MOTIVATION, CONFLICT and GOALS. At this point stay away from physical descriptions unless this information is pertinent to your story.
- Body of Synopsis: Here using paragraphs, write the high points of your story in chronological order. Include ACTION, REACTION and a DECISION.
- Use three or four paragraphs to write the CRISIS and RESOLUTION of your story. Keep it simple, do not keep your editor or agent guessing.
- Rewrite. Write in present tense using verbs and adjectives. Make every word count.